The Reserve Bank of India released the names of 20 entities that have been approved by the DEA Fund Committee for registration for seeking grant of financial assistance from the Depositor Education and Awareness Fund.
Reserve Bank of India had called for applications from eligible persons for registration. These 20 entities have been selected out of 90 applications received for registration. The Selection Process involved a scrutiny by an internal team of the Reserve Bank followed by an assessment of the applications by the DEA Fund Committee, which inter alia has three external members.
The applicants have been selected on the basis of their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria, track record and evaluation of the work done by them in the field of depositor education, consumer awareness, consumer protection, etc.
The registered entities may make application in the prescribed format available on the RBI website along with all relevant and supporting documents/information for project-specific financial assistance from the Fund.
As announced in the Monetary Policy Statement, the Reserve Bank will shortly issue a notification calling for fresh applications for registration under the scheme.
The names of the 20 entities are:
1. Vasantha Lakshmi Charitable Trust & Research Centre, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh
2. Society for Social Transformation, A.P.
3. Voluntary Organisation in Interest of Consumer Education Society, New Delhi
4. Progressive Action for Community Emancipation (PACE), Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
5. International Network of Alternative Financial Institutions-India, Madurai
6. SAMARPIT- Centre for Poverty Alleviation and Social Research, Bilaspur
7. Voluntary Integrated Development Society, A.P.
8. Initiatives for Development Foundation, Bengaluru
9. MOTHER, Bhubaneswar
10. Genesis Academy of Banking & Finance Education Trust, Mumbai
11. MONEYLIFE Foundation, Mumbai
12. ASSLS Organization, A.P.
13. Consumer Education and Research Society, Ahmedabad
14. Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS), Jaipur
15. Indian School of Microfinance for Women, Ahmedabad
16. Swadhaar Finaccess, Mumbai
17. Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
18. Aparajita Mahila Sangh, Indore
19. Priyasakhi Mahila Sangh, Indore
20. DHAN Foundation, Madurai