India Won Kabaddi World Cup 2013
- India beat Pakistan by nine points to win the Kabaddi World Cup final.
- Indian team was led by captain Sukhbir Sarawan while Pak was led by Babar Gujjar.
- Besides this India bagged a cash award of Rs.2 crore while Pakistan got the runners-up trophy and Rs.1 Crore.
- The best raider and stopper of the game, both from the Indian team, were awarded tractors.
- India also clinched the women’s Kabaddi World Cup championship for the third time in a row, defeating New Zealand 49-21.
- The Indian woman team took home prize of Rs.1 crore.
- Anu Rani was adjudged the best stopper while Ram Bateri was declared the best raider. Both received a Maruti Alto car each.
- The 4th Pearls World Kabaddi Cup 2013 was held from December 1 to December 14, 2013 with the Opening Ceremony on November 30, 2013 at Bathinda.
- The tournament took place in Punjab, India.
- It was the fourth edition of the circle style World Kabaddi Cup. Circle Style is played in Punjab region only and is different from National Style Kabaddi played in different parts of india.
- The tournament was organized by the Government of Punjab, India.
- 11 teams participated in 14-day long tournament in the men’s tournament.
- The women’s tournament had 8 participating nations in it.
- Pakistan’s Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and other dignitaries were present on the closing match.
- India and Pakistan will jointly host the next edition of the World Cup Kabaddi to foster goodwill, brotherhood and friendship between the two nations.
Don't Miss To Read The Following