National Commission for Denotified, Nomadic & Semi-Nomadic Tribes
- The Government of India on 14th march, 2005 constituted National Commission for De-notified, Nomadic and Semi Nomadic tribes to study various developmental aspects of these Tribes.
- The Government of India also appointed the Chairman, a Member and the Member Secretary of this commission on 6th February, 2006.
- The Commission assumed its functioning w.e.f. 6th February, 2006.
Composition of the Commission is as follows:-
(i) Shri Balkrishna Sidram Renke – Chairman
(ii) Shri Laxmanbhai K. Patni – Member
(iii) Shri Lakshmi Chand – Member Secretary.
The terms of reference of the NCDNT were as under:-
- To specify the economic interventions required for raising the living standards of Denotified, Nomadic and Semi Nomadic ‘Tribes’ by asset creation and self-employment opportunities;
- To recommend measures to utilize the existing channeling agencies set up for the economic development of SC/STs and OBCs for extending an economic development package to these groups, keeping in view their specific requirements;
- To identify programmes required for their education, development and health; and
- To make any other connected or incidental recommendation that the Commission deems necessary.
The NCDNT has submitted its report to the Government which is under consideration of the Government .