Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras

Union Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, Ananthkumar launched the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) in the country.

The workshop was also launched to educate and channelize youth to synergize their efforts for taking ahead the mission to open 3000 PMBJKs by March 2017.

As a follow up activity to the MoU signed earlier between Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI) and NYCS for establishing 1000 PMBJKs in the country, the workshop served the purpose of laying the details of the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) threadbare and presented a future model of a PMBJK before the district conveners of NYCS.

As only 40% of the population is able to avail branded medicines whereas the remaining 60% are deprived of it due to poverty and other reasons, the PMBJKs will provide affordable quality medicine to all citizens, under PMBJP which is an initiative of the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.

Currently there are 777 PMBJKs and the target is to achieve 3000 kendras by March 2017.